vendredi 25 octobre 2013

Over the phone,

That’s how it always goes, my call to him or his to me
Monotone, flat and soul-less,
As if speaking to a statue,
A dead body, a dead soul,
Maybe because of the distance
Maybe I am distanced
Or Maybe he is
That’s how it goes,
Two strangers, asking out of duty, not concern, talking
Hi, how are you? What’s up? How was your day?
Hi, I am fine, What about you? Nothing special, as usual
Then the awkward silence speaks,
A mantra keeps turning on and on in my mind,
Loin des yeux, loin du Cœur
Loin des yeux, loin du cœur
That’s how it goes,
Since best wishes are done through the phone,
Sympathy is shared through the phone,
Visits are cut short, paid through the phone,
Socializing fucked up cuz” of the phone,
How pathetic!!
I guess, that’s how love too is mono’tunned over the phone
Everything starting to be of 2.0
Feelings, morals, values, l bac, religion, even faith
Love is just one clue
I remember grandpa saying long time ago
Blessed he is, since he and his generation knew no phone
Hhhhhh, I laughed my ass off
Saying that’s only old age speaking o kaykhref
But now, I got it the hard way round
Now that I am to be an 2.0 generation
Of wireless, texting, smart phones and God knows what’s to come along
That’s how it goes
Anyway, Goodnight, I’ll call ya back soon.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire