vendredi 6 septembre 2013

Blues and me, or rather, me and the Blues!

- I've got the blues,
Only the blues can fulfil my dirty tastes,
dirtier tastes
Robert Cray, Howling Wolf, Albert King
Muddy Water, Little Walter, Eric Clapton,
Sonny Boy Williams, Etta James, Stevie Ray V,
Melvin Taylor, Shemekia Copeland.......
Depends on my mood
Oh my ! u really are a blues girl, someone said
No, am just a beginner
The blues I love and get me drunk
is the dirty one
Especially with the slide guitar
It takes me to the darkest side of myself
Darkest side of the world
of pain
of sadness
of madness
of sadomasochism
of pleasure
of joy
of incomplete happiness
I keep drinking it,
And drinking it
u know that that kind of sorrow that makes u feel happy
and sad at the same time
because you know your pain, you know your shitty screwed up life and still u enjoy it
You enjoy every fucked-up bit of it
Because somebody shares with you your pain and your shitty screwed up life
You enjoy every fucked-up bit of it
I never knew that such a thing has such an effect
I never knew that some music, some lyrics would make up my mind,
Verbalize my ideas, just are they are in my head,
I was into Hip Hop, Rap, Soul, Metal, Rock n' Roll, Jazz
None fulfilled my dirty tastes,
The need to share sorrow,
The need to know that You ain't alone in that shitty screwed-up life,
Ain't about blues all the time,
I even laugh when listening to some,
Funnily life make fun at us,
But all we can is keep that awkwark yellow smile
And Smile back,
Smile and cry
Sufferance and laughter,
Just to face up that shitty screwed-up life of us, of you, of me

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire