jeudi 11 juillet 2013

Ramadan (2)



Today I am less energetic than yesterday. I can barely walk. So I am going to mediate on something, better than fooling around in the streets.
The thing that pitched my curiosity today is that Why on earth some people don’t say or respond to Salam Alaikom while others do with a large smile on their faces? I don’t think that saluting one another or responding to a salute is taxed in this country, or is it?
Since I had to go and take the taxi to get to work, I saluted people who were queuing: Transportation between Rabat and Salé is another subject matter. Anyway, I saluted them but nobody answered. Why? Are they fasting? Oh! maybe because I am a woman and they are fasting?!
As I’ve been taught, Saluting is a right due to one another. And fasting is about not eating from dawn till sunset, praising Allah, praying a lot, giving charity, visiting relatives, no sexual activities, lowering gaze, and also saluting people. So why conforming to some rules only?
Let’s get out from the Islam frame, and look at foreigners. Have you ever seen a foreigner getting into a place and meeting people without saying their famous “Bonjour”, with a large smile on their faces? Why them and not us?







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire