dimanche 14 juillet 2013

Ramadan (3)


Yesterday while getting home, I witnessed a fight between taxi drivers; taxi driver shouting and screaming, a halleluiah of people around them watching, honks, agitation of hands, insults,… I didn’t need to stay more than few seconds to get disgusted. I am a woman of peace. I don’t like fighting, I don’t like watching a fight and I don’t like being involved in a fight.
Today again a fight nearly broke in front of my eyes. I was in a taxi. Everything happened too fast. The taxi at the right side of the road, as I’ve been taught during my drive license courses, it is the normal way. Another car on the left side trying to do something I don’t know what it is. It wants to overpass the taxi where I was at any cost and to end up in front of it. The road was crowded. How would it do so, God knows!
Impatiently the other car kept moving fast so that it would overpass the taxi, and stubbornly the taxi speeded up not to let him do so. As if in a butterfly dance, they kept coming closer and departing. Honks started; agitation of hands, insults carried out with the wind, screech of brakes and speed and the scene was over.
Why so careless? Why so irrational?
It’s true that this behavior happens all the time, be it in Ramadan or not. But the difference in here is that we are in Ramadan; the month of patience, of peace and of tolerance. Why letting anger take control over the mind?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire